Happy Celiac Disease Awareness Month 2020Tricia Thompson
Happy Celiac Disease Awareness Month. At my house, we kicked things off on Friday with gluten-free carob chip banana muffins. During a pandemic is an interesting time to be raising awareness about a disease. Our activities are a bit subdued this year but nonetheless important and hopefully helpful to the community.
What is Gluten Free Watchdog up to this month? We will be…
- Providing status updates on our 2019 initiatives, including information on:
- Allergen advisory statements for wheat on foods labeled gluten-free
- Gluten in medication
- Restaurants and gluten-free claims
- Updating the community on gluten-free facial misbranding and FDA & USDA enforcement of gluten-free claims
- Unveiling our new FDA campaign targeting foods labeled gluten-free containing hydrolyzed wheat (e.g., wheat-based soy sauce) and fermented/hydrolyzed barley (e.g., barley malt)
- Testing oat milks
Please watch this space!