Video Request for Comments on Gluten Free Watchdog’s FDA Citizen Petition
Gluten Free Watchdog Requests that the FDA establish a specific protocol for increased surveillance, investigation and enforcement of potential Facial Misbranding violations under the Gluten-Free Labeling Rule. Please take the time to read the petition and summary of the petition and comment.
The summary, including a link to comment is available at https://www.glutenfreewatchdog.org/news/help-stop-labeling-violations-under-the-gluten-free-rule/
Some of you are experiencing problems when trying to access and post your comment to the petition docket. Please do the following (the video also provides step-by-step instructions):
1. Instead of clicking on the link to the docket, paste it into your browser. https://www.regulations.gov/docket?D=FDA-2017-P-5118. (If you are still not able to load the page, please try using another browser).
2. When you have accessed the docket page for the petition, click on the blue comment now box.
3. When the next page opens:
a. Write your comment (required).
b. Add your name. This is optional. If you do not compete these boxes, you will be listed as “anonymous.”
c. Make sure the box “I am submitting on behalf of a third party” is NOT checked. Uncheck it if it is.
d. Select a category. Many of you will be commenting as an “individual consumer.”
e. Click continue.
4. You should be given the opportunity to preview your information before submitting.
5. After submitting your information, you will receive a tracking number for your comment.