The following report on Hemp: Combined Data Multiple Manufacturers will inform you of the amount of gluten found in this
product during testing.
General Product Information
The hemp products tested represent the top 10 products requested for testing by subscribers to Gluten Free Watchdog.
1. Bob's Red Mill Hulled Hemp Seed Hearts (labeled gluten-free)
2. Foods Alive Hemp Protein (labeled gluten-free)
3. Navitas Organics Hemp Seed (labeled gluten-free)
4. Earth Circle Organics Hemp Protein Powder (labeled gluten-free; certified gluten-free by the National Celiac Association)
5. Nutiva Hempseed Raw Shelled (not labeled gluten-free)
6. Trader Joe's Raw Shelled Hemp Seed (not labeled gluten-free)
7. Gerbs Hemp Kernels (not labeled gluten-free; labeled "12 Free" which according to the manufacturer website means Gerbs Foods are free of gluten)
8. Nuts.com Hemp Seeds (product includes the letters GF in a circle; the words "gluten-free" are not included on product packaging).
9. Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts (Not labeled gluten-free)
10. Just Hemp Foods Hulled Hemp Seed (website states:
Q: Are your products gluten free?
A: Hemp seed is naturally gluten-free however cross-contamination can happen in the field and during handling, transportation and storage. To ensure that our products are gluten free, regular gluten testing is performed to guarantee that the gluten content is <20ppm which is the acceptable amount by both the World Health Organization (WHO) and Health Canada for a gluten-free claim.)